Key performance areas:
- Educates and assesses trainees in the ability to execute all aspects of emergency first aid.
- Required to teach the basic and advanced skills of reaction, response, call for help, and attention to emergency first aid.
- Able to work in a demonstrative environment and have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and act out hypothetical situations.
- Ensure quality output of training, at least according to NAMFI/IMO requirements.
- Upgrading of syllabi for the Department, STCW95/ and F
- Develop tests, examinations, and memoranda and process examination papers and results
- Develop training material for the department in accordance with the STCW95/ and F
- Assist the Senior Instructor and HOD with Budgetary expenditures
- Present lectures in specific fields of expertise and other fields as requested by the Institute.
- Act as an expert in a subject area providing support and advice to other staff members.
- Assess and report subject strengths and areas for development at different key stages.
- Manage resources within Curriculum areas e.g. equipment.
- Assist in moderating examination papers.
- Diploma In Marine Engineering / Diploma in Industrial Chemistry or related qualification, with 3 years’ work experience
- Knowledge of the IMO safety requirements and holder of a valid Class 4/3.
- 3 years or more sea going experience acquired at the level of qualification.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to teach: Stability/ Ship Constructions/ Thermodynamics will be an advantage.
- Computer Literate
- Valid Code 08 driver’s license
NAMFI offers an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates should send their applications with a signed cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, originally certified copies of qualifications, and identification documents to the address below. Foreign qualifications should be evaluated by NQA. No faxed or emailed application will be accepted
Namibia Maritime and Fisheries Institute
P.O Box 3228
NB: Hand-delivered applications should be handed at NAMFI’s Reception at 1st Street East (Old Naval Base) Walvis Bay.
CLOSING DATE: 09 October 2023
For enquiries: 064 – 270 900
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no documents will be returned.
NB: Key performance arears indicated under each position are a summary of duties, and the detail duties and responsibilities are detailed in the Job Descriptions.