Key Performance Area
- Preparation of Teaching materials and course notes.
- Supervise and guide Junior Instructors
- Preparation for and delivery of lectures in specific fields of expertise and other fields as required by the Institute.
- Prepare and process examination papers and results.
- Supervision of students’ activities.
- Marking and Grading of the students’ examinations.
- Ensuring quality Academic output of training and lecturing activities, in accordance with NAMFI/IMO requirements
- Training students in supplementary courses e.g. safety and GMDSS.
- Upgrading of syllabi for the Department, STCW95/ and F
- Develop tests, examinations, and memoranda
- Develop training material for the department in accordance with the STCW95/ and F
- Develop training material for the Department in accordance with the STCW95/ and F
- Assist in Budgetary expenditure planning for the department.
- Promote and implement NAMFI’s Quality Management System and Policy
- Diploma in Marine Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of the IMO safety requirements and holder of a valid Class 4/3.
- 4 years or more sea-going experience acquired at the level of qualification.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Computer Literate
- Valid Code 08 driver’s license
- Teaching /Vocational Instructor Qualification will be an added advantage.
- 2 years of teaching experience
NAMFI offers an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates should send their applications with a signed cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, originally certified copies of qualifications, and identification documents to the address below. Foreign qualifications should be evaluated by NQA. No faxed or emailed application will be accepted
Namibia Maritime and Fisheries Institute
P.O Box 3228
NB: Hand-delivered applications should be handed at NAMFI’s Reception at 1st Street East (Old Naval Base) Walvis Bay.
CLOSING DATE: 09 October 2023
For enquiries: 064 – 270 900
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no documents will be returned.
NB: Key performance arears indicated under each position are a summary of duties, and the detail duties and responsibilities are detailed in the Job Descriptions.