The HR Practitioner is required to maintain and enhance the Institutes’ human capacity and capability, by providing corporate direction in terms of strategies, planning, budgeting, policy development, and ensuring a positive employer-employee relationship.
Key Performance Area
- Recruitment and Selection.
- Policy development and implementation
- Administer Training and development
- Develop and administer employee wellness initiative
- Budgeting and budget control
- Control and Analyse training expenditure
- Co-ordinate, review, implement, and maintain performance management system
- Advice Management on Human Resources issues, including disciplinary procedures and hearings
- Payroll Administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Industrial Relations with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an HRM environment, of which 2 years should be a supervisory level.
- Computer Literate (MS Office & VIP)
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Valid Code 08 driver’s license
- Have a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to take initiative and decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
NAMFI offers an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates should send their applications with a signed cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, originally certified copies of qualifications, and identification documents to the address below. Foreign qualifications should be evaluated by NQA. No faxed or emailed application will be accepted
Namibia Maritime and Fisheries Institute
P.O Box 3228
NB: Hand-delivered applications should be handed at NAMFI’s Reception at 1st Street East (Old Naval Base) Walvis Bay.
CLOSING DATE: 09 October 2023
For enquiries: 064 – 270 900
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no documents will be returned.
NB: Key performance arears indicated under each position are a summary of duties, and the detail duties and responsibilities are detailed in the Job Descriptions.