Key performance areas:
- To ensure the professional and contemporary management of the Navigation Department.
- Expected to teach up to Management level/ Degree Level, subject to incumbent’s qualifications.
- Co-ordinate the Development of the Syllabus and Planning of Courses
- Supervise and Control assets in the Department
- Monitor and control the progress and quality of teaching within the Department
- Responsible for proper Budgeting and Control within the Department
- Effectively Supervise Staff, whilst maintaining sound working relationships
- Developing Systems, Procedures and staff to achieve organizational goals
- Take initiatives to develop Training Material for the Department in accordance with STCW95.
- Taking initiative in developing Training Programs for constant Education of Instructors.
- Lecturing Students and Training or Mentoring staff
- Ensure quality output of training in accordance with NAMFI/IMO requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Navigation or a related field
- Deck Officer Class 4/3 STCW95 COC and a Degree in relevant field
- Deck Officer Class 2/1 STCW COC will be an added advantage.
- Be knowledgeable in the area of maritime safety.
- Teaching /Vocational Instructor Qualification will be an added advantage
- Management Qualification will be an added advantage.
- 6 years or more sea-going experience acquired at the level of the qualification and Three (3) years should have been at a management level.
- 5 Years of teaching experience in the related field will be an added advantage.
- Assessor’s course will be an added advantage.
- Valid code B driver’s license
NAMFI offers an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates should send their applications with a signed cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, originally certified copies of qualifications, and identification documents to the address below. Foreign qualifications should be evaluated by NQA. No faxed or emailed application will be accepted
Namibia Maritime and Fisheries Institute
P.O Box 3228
NB: Hand-delivered applications should be handed at NAMFI’s Reception at 1st Street East (Old Naval Base) Walvis Bay.
CLOSING DATE: 09 October 2023
For enquiries: 064 – 270 900
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no documents will be returned.
NB: Key performance arears indicated under each position are a summary of duties, and the detail duties and responsibilities are detailed in the Job Descriptions.